Wednesday, June 3, 2009

quick update!

On my left hand side at another computer, Brittani is blogging as I speak. Chances are, many of the things that she says/has said will be duplicated in this post. But, I figure since my internet time is very sparse and I have been a big slacker at updating I will give it a go too. Be ready for blog overload!

We are one week into our trip, with one week left to go. It has been truly amazing! I am so greatful that I have been able to experience this! I will give a quick run down of week one:

Day 1/2: we traveled. A lot. Clear across the world in fact. After arriving at our hotel we basically ate and crashed.

Day 3: Rome! We were able to explore Rome with our group as kind of a free day. It was fun, but without being completely current on my Roman history, day 4 turned out to be way more interesting.

Day 4: Again, we toured around Rome. We saw various places such as the Pantheon, Fontana di Trevi, the Roman Forum, and the Coleseum. It was pretty much amazing! We took tons of pictures that will have to be uploaded at another time. But, I promise I will share them!

Day 5: More touring around Italy. This day we went to the Isle of Capri. It was BEAUTIFUL! We walked all around the whole island. I love the island environment. It actually reminded me of a more expensive, European version of Hawaii. Weird I know. haha.

Day 6: This day we went to Pompei. It was incredible to see how well preserved everything was and to realize the real archeological gold mine this little city is. After exploring all the ruins Pompei had to offer, it was off the the coast to board a ferry to head to Greece.

Day 7: Today! After sleeping on a boat for the first time in my life (I did very well by the way. Turns out I have a pretty strong stomach or something), we loaded on a bus and headed up to Delphi. On the way we stopped at a beach and played in the Mediterranean Sea for a couple hours. Everything about it was beautiful and so much fun!

Anyway, I am running out of time but I promise more as the days go by. And, when I get home I will post tons and tons of pictures so all you faithful followers can see the beauty! Here we go with week 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment